CCC certification carries out compulsory national safety certification for the products involved. The main contents are summarized as follows:
(1) In accordance with the relevant WTO agreements and international prevailing rules, According to law, the State implements a unified compulsory product certification system for products involving human health safety, animal and plant life safety and health, as well as environmental protection and public safety. The State Certification and Accreditation Supervision and Administration Commission shall be responsible for the management and implementation of the compulsory national product certification system.
(2) The main features of the national compulsory product certification system are that the state publishes a unified catalogue, determines the unified applicable national standards, technical rules and implementation procedures, formulates unified labels and marks, and stipulates unified charging standards. All products listed in the compulsory product certification catalogue must be certified and qualified by the certification authority designated by the state. Only after obtaining relevant certificates and applying certification marks, can they be manufactured, imported, sold and used in operating service places.
(3) In accordance with China's commitment to WTO accession and the principle of reflecting national treatment, The products covered in the Catalogue of the First Batch of Products Implementing Mandatory Product Certification are based on the original import safety and quality licensing system, mandatory safety certification and electromagnetic compatibility certification products, and have made a moderate increase or decrease. There were 138 products covered by the original two systems, The catalogue has deleted medical ultrasound diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and other 16 kinds of product which were originally listed in compulsory certification management, and added safety glass for construction and other about 10 kinds of product . There are 132 kinds of compulsory certification products actually listed in the catalogue. Then released the Catalogue of Decoration and Fitment Products Implementing Compulsory Product Certification (including Solvent Wood Coatings, Porcelain Bricks, Concrete Antifreeze Agents) and the Catalogue of Safety Technologies to Products Implementing Compulsory Product Certification(Including intrusion detector anti-theft alarm controller, car anti-theft alarm system, anti-theft safe, anti-theft safe)
(4) The state uses a unified "CCC" sign for compulsory product certification. After the implementation of China's compulsory certification marks, they will gradually replace the original "Great Wall" and "CCIB" signs.
(5) The state uses a unified "CCC" sign for compulsory product certification. After the implementation of China's compulsory certification marks, they will gradually replace the original "Great Wall" and "CCIB" signs.
(6) The new compulsory product certification system came into effect on May 1, 2002, and the relevant certification bodies formally began to accept applications. In order to ensure the smooth transition between the old and new systems, the original product safety certification system and import safety and quality licensing system were abolished from August 1, 2003.